Friday, April 18, 2008

Extending the Internet

Internet searches are amazing. I get caught up in chains of information, and often end up learning about fascinating things completely unrelated to whatever I sat down to look up. I'm used to having my curiosity satisfied within minutes of wondering about anything, and get grouchy if I have a disagreement with someone while I'm out of the house or office, and away from the computer.
Another curious thing about this dependence is that sometimes in the course of a chain of questions I go to search for the answer to something that is impossible to research online.

An example of this: today I've been listening to Shabba Ranks at work (it is Friday after all) and while listening to this song, 'Wicked Inna Bed' a curious thing happened. The song is, as you can imagine, a big up to Shabba from Shabba about how good he is at the sexing.
I moved my mouse, almost without thinking, to the search toolbar and paused. I was about to google whether or not Shabba actually was good in bed. I am so used to feeling like the world is completely open to me through the web that it seemed logical to me to search for this information.

No comments: