Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Ballbuster.

I was a craigslist addict at one time. An apartment, a job, a free menorah, a terrible date and two rats later I've calmed down a bit.

Although I no longer consider myself addicted, I still check the site every few days for cool free stuff and activity ideas. I noticed that one of my favourite posters from the past, let's call him 'BB', was still posting. He posts in the 'strictly platonic' section, offering 200 dollars for 30 minutes worth of ball-kicking.
Let's call it Testetorture.

I wondered whether or not I was the kind of person he was looking for.
I like money. I like trying new things. I like feeling broad-minded and sensible, even if it is in an unconventional way.
I especially like surprising the people that know me.
I toyed with the idea of being dominant, of reversing gender roles. I pictured a brief, clinical brush with someone else's outsider fetish, and imagined myself as a distanced participant, able to coolly report on the experience.
I wrote him, and asked him a few questions.
Yes, I could bring someone with me. Anyone I wanted.
No, there was no sex involved.
Yes, there was a safe word to prevent him from being injured.
No, he didn't require any special script or costume for the scenario.
Yes, he had done it before, often.
For about an hour, I thought about doing it.
And then I decided against it.
I'm comfortable enough to inquire, curious enough to try to figure out what it might mean, but creeped out enough to politely decline.

6 comments:

Tomek said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tomek said...

liz. are you kidding me?

email him again and tell him you changed your mind.

if life is a journey then you just looked at the brochure, then called the travel agent only to hang up. liz, take the trip!

if you feel bad about it wear big soft slippers. if i could kick that guy from here i'd do it.

the beast lies dormant said...

ditto.

Liz said...

Sorry Roscoes.
I'm just not at that place right now. Perhaps when you're both back in town...

Tomek said...

i have polled 15 people here in korea that think you should do this.

they also think that you should give me half the money for being your 'coach'.

the beast lies dormant said...

now that i'm reflecting on it, maybe i'd rather just burn an effigy of someone. i mean maybe you should. no one in particular. its probably a lot like a pinata(sic).