Tuesday, July 22, 2008

As Cod is My Witness...

I will never paint my room again.
Yes, I feel good that I did it. Yes, it only took a few (maybe 13) hours. Yes, the change is remarkable, and yes, it's nice not to look at the same poorly painted yellow walls that I've been seeing since I moved in.
But good goodness, was that ever exhausting. It was one of the hottest, wettest weekends of the summer so far.
Also my room is very tall. And I am very short.
I was a little surprised and disappointed when it was all over. I did feel good walking into my 'new' room, but I had the sad feeling after a few hours that nothing had really changed. I had cosmetically altered my room, but all of the issues that I have with life within it are still the same.
In other news, my kitchen has been on fire lately. I feel closer to my nonna than I ever have before. I made my own pasta, bread, Japanese sweets, and Jam (just to name a few things)

I think part of this is dealing with my increasing anxiety about returning to school in the fall. I'm scared of being broke, of committing to focused growth in one area for the next two years at the expense of other areas... or worst of all of being bored.
I've been dealing with these panicky feelings by cooking and playing Tetris. I've gotten to level 13

No comments: