Monday, December 31, 2007

Stay out of my Va-j.

I'll listen to practically anything. Well, anything spoken. I think it's a product of having a very quiet house while growing up. The unfortunate thing about this is that I'm not left alone with my thoughts for as long as I'd like to be. The fortunate thing is that I can get a lot done without feeling that I'm totally wasting my time. Lately I've been listening to 'White Teeth' by Zadie Smith on audiobook. It's been amusing, but not great. In one scene towards the end, one of the central young female characters. Irie, has intercourse with a set of feuding twins, one after the other, in separate places, for her own reasons. I'm not sure how the story ends yet, but It made me uncomfortable that the Vagina was the place where the two originated, and that it was the place in which they were supposed to be reconciled. The book discussed being the elder and younger son, and fighting their way down the birth canal. I feel like the young woman had nothing to do with the exchange...that her vagina was a battleground or a neutral space for the conflict and reunion of two brothers.
I remember reading something that hit me the same way when I was younger. In Stephen King's 'It' the young people all end up having sex with the female of the group when they are hopelessly lost in the sewers. The sex seems practical and even romantic from the young girl's perspective, although I'm not sure that losing your virginity in a sewer gang-bang would be my idea of a great playdate.
Her vagina is used to 'Unite' and 'calm' the group and they are able to safely find their way out of the sewer.
Glad to be of service.
P.S. Stay the hell out of my loins.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

"I'm not sure that losing your virginity in a sewer gang-bang would be my idea of a great playdate" - Oh Liz, you have so much to learn about romance!