Friday, November 23, 2007

Everything is Bork Bork Borked.



Bork is the name of my friend Debbie's adorable cat.
Bork is the sound in the song that the Swedish Chef sings. Borked the state of every computer at the Archive right now because of repeated hackings in the past week.
My boss first introduced me to the term, which we now all use when some piece of technology is not working properly.
The submissions at Urban Dictionary generally agree with this definition, although one user claims that Borked means:


Being molested anally, as in raped up the ass.

"Jimmy got borked when he dropped the soap in the prison shower."

I am not overly fond of this definition.

So nothing is working properly, most of the employees can barely do their jobs, and some goon somewhere is having a big wank over using the computers at a Nonprofit to play warcraft or whatever the hell he's doing.
Lucky for me, since I learned both of the other meanings first, when things start to go terribly wrong at work I usually end up thinking of a cat while whistling a jolly 'Swedish' tune.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I think you meant to say, "Bork is the name of my adorable friend Debbie's cat".